Thursday, August 10, 2017

Being a Mom Post

Being a stay-at-home mom is a lot harder then it looks. There are totally awesome days but every so often there is a tough day. That was a few days ago for me. Gemma was having a rough day, she hasn't been sleeping very well (due to teething I think), and she was being very clingy. I sat and complained to Jason when he got home about how difficult it is to be a mom. I hadn't enjoyed my day and wanted to be done with being a mom. I even told him that I didn't know if I could have more than 1 kid because I felt like I was failing Gemma. I felt like I was failing because I didn't have a lot of energy to play with her, I hadn't really kept up with the house, and I wanted my body back. I love nursing because of all the benefits but man I miss having my pre-pregnancy body. :)

As soon as I was done venting Jason reminded me that when I was working full time I would come home and vent as well about how hard work was and all the politics. The next day I really contemplated why I was having such a rough day and the thought just occurred to me that every so often we have rough days. I love being a mom and it was okay that a few days ago I was having one of those days where I wanted to find a hole and sleep. :)

So the point of this blog is we as women need to give ourselves a break. We can't have high energy, cleaning like crazy, and get everything accomplished days. Sometimes we just have hard days. Sometimes our kids don't behave like we want them too. It is going to be okay. Give yourself a break and do something you love. Put yourself in timeout. :) That's what I did. I handed Gemma to Jason and just relaxed.

That's what I needed to be sane and be the best mom for Gemma. So this week put yourself in timeout. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment