I am trying to do a blog post a week on this blog. I want to get in the habit of sharing my thoughts so that when I start the motivational speaking company that I want to start I will already be in the habit. This blog is all about the power of music and dance in my life.
First, the power of music. I have always loved singing and there hasn't ever been a time in my life where I don't remember not singing. When I was little I used to set my stuffed animals on my bed as an audience and pretend I was a famous singer performing in front of thousands. I did voice lessons here and there when I was younger and then education became my top priority. Soon after meeting Jason I talked to him about the love I had for singing and that I wanted to start voice lessons again and develop that talent. So we talked to his family and I started taking lessons from who they were taking from, Megan Yates. I started out doing voice lessons every other week. It was a blast! I started remembering how therapeutic it was for me. I could be vulnerable and pick songs that helped me work through stuff that I was currently going through in my life. Megan helped me break down walls that I had built up and helped me realize I was good at singing. Once I got pregnant I still did voice lessons but as I got bigger it got harder to sing. We decided to pick up lessons again after Gemma was born. I had my first lesson last week and remembered how therapeutic it is for me to sing. For a half hour I can let go of my emotions and hard stuff of life. I can take it home practice and have that same feeling. Singing helps me let go. As women I feel we need to focus on hobbies and talents that help us let go. It helps keep us sane and be the wives and mothers God intended us to be.
Second, I want to share my thoughts on dance. Last year at the Kocherhans family reunion Teresa introduced us to Cize exercise program from Beach Body. I fell in love with Cize and knew that was the exercise routine I had been missing in my life. I used to dread working out. I loved to run but even that was draining to think about doing. So I bought the Cize Program. I did it at the start of my pregnancy but then fell and wasn't able to do rigorous exercise for the remainder of my pregnancy. After having Gemma and when Jen (my midwife) gave the okay I started it up again. I love it! I love being able to dance and learn the routines while getting back into shape. This is another thing that helps me let go. I can get in my feminine energy and let go of the stresses of being a wife and mother.
My challenge to every women is to find hobbies, talents, or exercise programs that helps you let go and gets you into your feminine energy. This has helped me stay sane and keep those negative voices from penetrating my thoughts. Let me know what you picked and if it has the same results for you. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment